miss-teaze-ism

groundless speculation

Friday, July 08, 2005

who me?!

I've been asked to speak to 52 4th year psychology students about my experiences on life.

Me? really? interesting...

I turned 22 years old 4 days ago. I had dinner with my family and that was about it. This was the first time in my whole entire life that i didn't do anything to celebrate my birthday. I didn't see a reason for celebrating... hell, i didn't even write about it or mention it til now.

But i do have a reason to celebrate... i actually lived to see my 22nd birthday. That's a good thing, right? a bonus: i got to keep my right leg. =)

In the previous years, my birthday (it should be called birthweek over here) would be celebrated from the time it hit midnight (my actual birthday) all the way through the week. I'm not kidding. I'm sure some of you from here have done that too. You celebrate your birthday for an entire week. Every night in a different club, you get hooked up with drinks, you get a VIP room, the works... every single night for a full week. Everyone would get hammered, we tear up the dance floor and everyone has a good time. That's how it usually goes. But not this year. It was just different.

For a 22 year old, i think it would be fair for me to say that i've been through quite a lot. I'm not talking about cliche stories like what every other teenager talks about... I mean serious issues that i've had to tackle for the past 7 years. I don't even know where to begin or how to explain myself.

Most of the people i know would tell you that i don't think or act like the average chick in her early 20's. It's a given fact. I'm different. I've always known that. No wonder i always seem to vibe more with people who are way older than me. I'm just different... but, hey, that's just me.

I believe i'm a strong individual. I've been put through a lot... but i've always pulled through... always. It might have not been easy at the time, and i sure as hell didn't make speedy recoveries like i was superwoman or anything... but i managed to pick myself up. Having a very strong support group (that would be my friends and family) always helped. Some issues took a really long time for me to get over... some even still haunt me to this day. But that's just the way life is.

I've lived a great life thus far. I'm happy for my 22 years of existence. It hasn't been smooth sailing, and it sure as hell wasn't a party all throughout... believe me when i say this, i've been through hell and back. But i'm thankful for everything that i've gone through... be it complete and utter bullshit or just dandy rainbows and sunflowers. All that has made me the person i am today... and i happen to like me.

The different phases in my life associated with the different people i've met on my journey paved the way to the person i have become. I've made mistakes, God knows i'm not perfect. I have ghosts in my closet and secrets too unbearable to mention. I have regrets in my life that i wish i could undo. But who doesn't? I'm normal in a sense that i am a human being and i have feelings too... but life isn't just about the shit we step on or the rocks thrown in our paths... it's about the decisions you make with what you're given and where you are... the way you think about it and choose how to take it all.

Shit happens... what are you gonna do about it?

I thrive on experience. I feed off experience... both the good and the bad. That's just how i am. As great as it is... it is also my weakness. Sometimes i tend to get out of control and go buckwild... i live life on the fastlane... and as fun and adventurous as it may seem... it could lead to my demise.

Who the hell am i to tell people about my story? Nobody. But i believe that everything i have been through in life are those only a rare few have experienced all in one blow. I'm sure of it. These experiences, the memories, everything i have gone through are all mine, and mine to keep. It hasn't been easy... but it's been one crazy ride. =)

Lately, i've been getting a lot of feedback from people thanking me for sharing my thoughts and experiences with them. It caught me off guard and i found it to be completely astounding. Like i said, "who the hell am i?".
But it's always good to hear that by sharing bits and pieces of what has happened to me in my life help motivate and inspire other people. I never really thought about it that way...

So thank you for letting me know that i'm being heard. Feedback is always welcome... be it positive or negative... it's all constructive criticism.

I said this from the beginning... i was only doing all this to vent out. Somebody told me it was therapeutic. It's done me good so far. =)

I know some people will be reading this thinking that i'm talking about the ordinary telenovela drama ish... but i guarantee you don't know what you're talking about... hehe.

Hey, everyone has their own drama going on in their lives. I'm not looking to battle anybody, okay? Let me be.

"Be kind... for every person you meet is fighting a harder battle."

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home