miss-teaze-ism

groundless speculation

Saturday, March 19, 2005

officially the most interesting week of my life...

thus far, anyway.
it's been a while since i've had weird encounters... and it took me so long to write about it... just because.

So at the night of my sister's surprise party, towards the end of the night, we're all just chilling outside. My sister facing a certain direction and i'm facing the opposite way, she says, "Hey, Thea... isn't that Frankie?" and i turned around and foreal, i think for a split second, my heart stopped. It was Frankie Callaghan... a guy i once knew back from Baguio, a guy included in some of the most memorable moments i have ever had in my entire life. I couldn't believe it.

The last time i had contact with anyone from there, or that circle of people i used to kick it with, was about 5 years ago. When i went up for Donni's graduation. So basically, the past just creeped up behind me and decided to give me a good kick in the gut. As shocking as it was... it was freakin' awesome.

AND THEN, i run into JOhn Nassr... yet another Brentonian from the life i had left behind way up in the mountains. We talked for a bit, did a little catching up... it was nice. =)

The next day, I headed over to greenbelt 3 for the Crew's usual Movie Night. I decided i wanted a Chai Latte from Coffee Bean and started to walk towards the cafe... just as soon as i hopped onto the escalator, i hear a chorus of people yell out "Thea!". I looked back, didn't recognize them, and thought that it was just the usual people i see every so often when i go out. I thought they could wait... i'd grab my coffee first, and then walk back the same way. ON my way back to the cinemas, that group of people didn't see me walking towards them... the closer i got, the more i realized that i didn't really know these people... so why the hell were they calling me? i walked closer, and just when i was about to pass them... i recognize one of them... and then the other... and the other... and the rest of them altogether. The night before was enough of a shock... but this incident just completely blew me away.

It was Ami Evangelista, Paw Subido, Joel Rivera, Patrick Nevada, and Frankie (again). Brent Baguio class of '98. =) I stayed and talked for a bit until they all had to go and i had to catch my movie... but it was really interesting seeing them all together again. =)

For some reason... i don't know why... i feel like i have unfinished business concerning the life i had up in Baguio. There was something i didn't do, couldn't do, or wasn't able to do... that i feel like i really missed out on something. Moving to Manila, i thought i left the "perfect" life behind. One more year could've been great... take me out the year after... but i felt as if the move we made, was something that was done too early.

I've been through a lot since then. I've changed a lot, i've met people, etc. etc. etc. But seeing these certain individuals again... and remembering how things used to be... made me feel like i was home. I'm not crazy. I (again) ran into some fellow Brentonians (Greg and Art) at Embassy (April 1) and Greg says he feels the same way. Us Brentonians are like a "Tribe" he says. haha! no matter how long it's been or how far apart we've drifted... when we meet again, it truly does feel like home. Just to make things clear, i'm talking about Brent Baguio... yeah...

So the interesting week turned out to be an interesting month. Originally, it started out as the most interesting "night"... turned into "weekend" and then "week"... and so there.

I got back from Boracay about a week ago. Yeah, exactly a week ago. The one and only vacation i've had in the past 2 years and it'll probably be that way for a while. It was quite an interesting vacation. I got to rest, party, meet people, and all that what not. I kinda miss it. But at the same time i was getting homesick coz i missed Dylan so much. So yeah, i'll write about that soon. Just editing some pics... it's taking me a while coz i need to go through about 400 pictures... haha! and everybody wants copies. I fully documented the whole trip. haha! i looked like a tourist. yuck!

k, gotta blaze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home