miss-teaze-ism

groundless speculation

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

RaNdom NonSenSe that i just feel like i want to babble on about...

The past month has opened my eyes. The window of opportunity just flung itself open and i just couldn't help but take that ticket and jump right out. It's been such a crazy month, i've practically lost track of time and can hardly even believe that it's March already. That's the third month this year!!! and i feel like we only celebrated New Years last week!

work
Things are really starting to look up. I've done the dancing, the dj thing, the PR ish, and the whole getting paid to party. It totally rocked because i was getting to paid to do everything i loved to do and hang out with all my best buds all at the same time. It was one of the best times of my life... but in my opinion... seriously speaking, and looking at things realistically, the chances of me going back to that are nearly slim to nil (Unless of course the pay is double-triple of what it used to be).
I make jewelry now. Yea, i'll just put it that way... plain and simple. I make jewelry. It started as a hobby because i couldn't find anything i liked out there and it was so much easier to make it myself. It was introduced to me by my boyfriend's mother (i wouldn't dare say "mother-in-law) when i was pregnant. Being a bum in the house and i had completely nothing to do, the whole jewelry making thing was perfect.
Somehow it just took over all on it's own. I started wearing my stuff... people liked it, asked me where i got it, told em i made, they ordered it, i sold it. That's that. Now, it's doing so well... i don't really know how to handle it. I can't possibly make all the orders all by myself. People are asking me to come up with a name for my stuff... and all that comes through my brain is just a blank. So far, i've sold my stuff to my buddies and my gurls... most of them do a lot of gigs so my "creations" get a lot of exposure. I have my homegurl Sarah Meier rocking a necklace, my bro Brent Javier, and my buddy Greg Martin modeling my ish for me (haha!) and the gurls from Haylo and Hotlegs keep asking me to keep the accessories coming. It's overwhelming, it's tiring, but it's fulfilling, and it's great! =)
It's nice to know that people appreciate my work. It's a huge compliment to me when i just see 'em light up when they see my stuff. I love it! As draining as it is, it makes me happy knowing that i'm doing something for myself, all on my own (with the help of my ever-loving sister, of course), and it's working out nicely.
The only hard part is... when i make something that i absolutely love and adore... it's hard to part with it. I'd like to keep it... but i know i need the money. And i refuse to make doubles. I can't work like that. I feel like everyone is entitled to their own personality and identity, therefore each piece is unique. I know i can't do that for long... because it's bad for business and blah blah blah... but that's how it's gonna be for as long as i can keep it that way. I try to match the accessory to the person i have it in mind for... i want people to be like, "Oh my God! That is so (name of person here)!" YOu know what i mean, right?
And selling a piece that i absolutely love... and especially when i worked sooooo hard on it... it's really difficult to let it go. It's like giving away my babies. (ok, getting dramatic here... it's not that bad, but you get the picture right?)
So that's the 411 on the biZneSs part of my life. IF you have any ideas for a name or have any comments... please feel free. I'll take all the advice, comments, or even harsh criticicm anyone is willing to give me. =)
Oh, and i'm thinking i wanna just practice spinning again... just for the hell of it. As surprising and as weird as it may seem... i really miss it.
And as for the dancing... it's not as easy as riding a bike... but i'm getting there. I'm earning my stripes back rather quick... but a little more time and then i can fully say, "I'm back in full effect." =) (If you've seen me kick it with my gurls at Embassy... then you'll know what i mean)

just for fun
Another thing i gotta talk about... Embassy. I gotta talk about this. Finally, they open up a club again where the main purpose for people (well, us, anyway--- meaning my crew) is to dance. None of that "to be seen" shit or "dress to impress" kinda crap... it's all in the name of fun. However, we still get a few of those previously mentioned on the line above, but really, you can't avoid that.
What is up with the people who can't stop staring at themselves in the mirror no matter what it is they're doing?!?! Be it dancing (are you in dance class?), sipping from a drink, making beso?!?!, or just sitting or anything for that matter. It's cool to check yourself out every now and then... but seriously... complete vanity or just plain insecurity? please... go the the washroom or something... you look fine already (either that, or "You're not that pretty...c'mon.")
okay, i'm being harsh. gotta stop now.
Okay, drinking. I was liquor free for about a year... and because of that, my friends take great pleasure in taking advantage of my low tolerance and my healthy kidney. I'm sad to report that i have once again experienced that not-so-great feeling of being utterly sick to my stomach, i had to yack it out. It's nice to know that people are trying to bring the old days back and are striving to make the party scene as "happening" as it used to be... but getting me wasted doesn't do the social scene any good. So quit it with me. I like a steady buzz... so when i say, "I'm good" just take my word for it and quit trying to stuff tequila down my throat. Thanks.

the love of my life
i'm talking about the little one. The 10 month old who's malikot, noisy, and smelly. Yes, i absolutely love him to bits and pieces. He's got 7 teeth!!! count it!! seven!! Ugh... he's growing up so fast. In two months he'll be ONE. He's loving the walker and even runs when he's on it. He's gonna be walking soon... and i swear, when that moment comes, i'm gonna cry. He said "Dada" to his dad the other day, and i cried. Seriously, either i was just crazy PMSing or the whole pregnancy and giving birth thing just made me 10x more sensitive than i used to be. I cry about everything now... it's crazy.
So Dylan is doing so well. I'm so proud of him and i love him so much! He's happy, healthy, and loving life... every single moment of it.
My whole family is struggling just passing him around during the day... that's how energetic he is... all that energy from such a small child, it's amazing! Which is why we all live for NAP times... =) hehe

hmm... so much more to talk about, not enough time. I have to go to a dinner now.
Maybe i'll continue this some other time.
paySH! =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home