miss-teaze-ism

groundless speculation

Sunday, May 08, 2005

taken for granted...

nobody really stops to think about this...
it's a tough 24 hour job. it doesn't pay. extremely loooong hours. most of the time unappreciated. a lot of times misunderstood. usually taken for granted. but somebody has to do it... and it's done... all in the name of love.

My parents told me when i was younger that i would never quite understand what they're going through until i have children of my own. I thought they were just talking gibberish... i didn't believe them. Seriously, i thought, "How hard could it possibly be?" Now i know. You can't quite explain it... there are no words to justify just how it really is, and what it's really like to be a parent. But when it happens... the transformation is miraculous.

I know i gave my parents hell when i was younger... but i think i've made up for it... even just a little bit. ;-) hehe

Parents deserve a medal. Hell, they deserve everything they want in the world. I bow down to single parents... i don't know how they do it... but they truly are heroes of the world.

I know they can be weird sometimes. Yeah, they ask you to do stuff that you'd rather not do. Sure, they can be judgemental and pushy. They can be intolerable and mean... but they only do it because they love you. Your best interest is always in mind. I know so... and i don't doubt that for one bit.

Happy MotHeR's DaY...
go do something sweet for your mommy... God knows she deserves it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
my lola, me, dylan, and my mom... that's 4 generations. =)


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home